Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I don't know what set me off. Maybe it was a conversation i had earlier. I work in a preschool in the poorest ghetto in Colorado. Where taking them for a walk is not an easy task. In alot of areas you dont have to look out for needles, beer bottles and other trash that we see on our walks that should be a nice get-a-way from the classroom. People don't understand why I work with these kids. It touches my heart with sadness when you see babies hungry and you have to wonder if they ate the night before, if their parent was able to attend to them due to their own stresses on figuring out how they are going to get the bills paid or sadly their next high. When I have an oppurtunity to put a smile on their faces. It's very rewarding. but i only have a 5 minute break so I need to get back to them.. so to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment